GRAVITY is very simple to use. Remove it from its packaging, select and install a belt clip, attach it to your key ring, clip GRAVITY to your belt and you are ready to go. With GRAVITY, Never Risk Losing Master Keys or Access Cards Again!
If GRAVITY goes into alarming mode for any reason, simply dock the Key unit to the Belt unit to reset both devices.
What if GRAVITY alarms each time I separate the Key from the Belt?
Most malfunctions can be fixed by removing and re-installing the batteries. If the device continues to alarm, use fresh batteries. If alarming continues once fresh batteries have been installed, contact Tether Technologies customer support.
How many GRAVITYs can operate together?
Multiple GRAVITY units can work in close proximity to one another because each Key unit is uniquely married to its Belt unit via a random signal generator. The odds of two GRAVITYs using the same signal are approximately 1 in 3,000,000.
Can the alarm soundings be adjusted by the user?
No, alarm settings are not currently adjustable.
Where can I find the serial number on the device?
GRAVITY’s serial numbers are located on a label found on the inside of the battery compartment. Remove the battery in order to view the serial number. Both the Key unit and Belt unit have unique serial numbers. Typically, the last 6 numbers will match, with a “K” designation for the Key and a “B” for the Belt. If an “M” precedes the last six numbers, then the units were manufactured as a matched pair. FCC and IC license numbers are located on this label as well.
Is there an instance where the last six numerals in the serial number don’t match?
Yes, if you use an un-pairing station to store a key unit inside a key cabinet, you could end up with unmatched serial numbers. Un-paired Belt units are able to pair with any un-paired Key units.
How does GRAVITY store inside of a key control cabinet?
There are two ways to do this. If your key cabinet has lots of extra space, the entire GRAVITY device can be stored. However, if your key cabinet is space constrained, you can use an un-pairing station to store the Key unit only.
How does the un-pairing station work?
The un-pairing station allows you to store the key unit only while the belt unit powers off, so as not to take up space in the cabinet. To store the Key unit only in a key cabinet:
1. Remove Key unit from Belt unit.
2. Wait 2 seconds for the Key unit to flash and then place it in the un-pairing station. Placing the Key unit in the un-pairing station prior to its flash will cause the un-pairing to fail.
3. The Key and Belt units will then beep 3x (Key followed by Belt) indicating that the units are un-paired and ready for storage. Un-paired Belt units are able to pair with any un-paired Key units.
4. The Belt unit is turned off and is ready to receive any previously stored (un-paired) Key unit.
5. The Key unit enters a low-power storage mode. Upon removal, the user has 10 seconds to dock the Key unit or the alarm will sound. Upon successful docking, the Key unit will beep two times.
6. A Key unit that alarms because it was not docked will reset itself after 10 seconds of alarming (which alarm cycles every 10 seconds until the Key Unit is docked or returned to the cabinet).
What if I have more master key sets than I do users?
Key units and Belt units can be purchased separately. Contact us for details.
What is the GRAVITY warranty?
GRAVITY is covered by a limited warranty located at www.TetherTech.com/warranty. Your units have been registered by us. In brief, the warranty covers any defects or malfunctions in your GRAVITY and lasts for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase. Tether Technologies will replace any defective or malfunctioning part or if the unit is determined to be non-repairable, provide you with a replacement GRAVITY, all at no charge.